Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Similar but not the Same

I had made two striped pillows for my den sofa.   They are cotton ... but they act like a sponge for cat hair.   They are now completely covered in hair and not easily cleaned.   Strange for cotton.

Anyway I can't stand looking down and seeing so much cat hair, so I have changed the covers.   When I was on Ottawa Street last month, visiting all the fabric shops, I bought 2 24x24 remnants. The fabrics are similar, but not the same.    I did not have a project in mind, but they are now pillows.  

Much better, and even with the larger weave they don't seem to pick up cat hairs.  Hallelujah!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. That is great fabric! I love that they aren't the same, one of my favorite things is to mix fabrics. I'm really bummed my master bathroom doesn't have any place for me to add fabric, it does so much for a room.

    ReplyDelete