Friday, August 16, 2013

Family Treasures

My Mother is moving into a retirement home.   We only have 3 weekends from the decision being made til she moves.   Last Saturday, my brother and wife and niece and her boyfriend spent the day identifying what she was taking with her and what was being donated.

Of course there were a few things we each wanted.  I brought these home:
A silver tray ... I placed it on my living room coffee table.
An oil painting:
A copper container for my wood in the den:
 I bought copper cleaner ... and then decided I would leave it as is.

and a couple glass hydro insulators:
I'm sure more treasures will be identified tomorrow.   But the best ones were the family stories we shared as we were going through things :-)

1 comment:

  1. I would have picked those things too Sharon. :)
    Is your mom ok with moving?

    ReplyDelete