Saturday, April 9, 2011

Civil War Quilt

I watched the Ken Burn's documentary "The Civil War" again on PBS this week.  This year is the 150th Anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War.

I have been following a blog "The Civil War Quilts" created by Barbara Brackman.  To commenorate the Anniversary she is posting a different quilt block every week, explaining the relationship of the block to the war and giving some civil war history. 

I was in a quilt store today and decided that I would do the quilt, so I stocked up on Civil War prints .   Barbara started in January, so I'm a little behind; but I just finished the first two blocks-
                                  "Catch Me if You Can".   .
I'll show you the rest as I catch up and throughout the year.

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of Civil War fabrics, especially the more primitive colours. I purchased lots of creams and a few blacks when we were in Elmira. I love the blocks shown, and look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really goood! I sew, but I'm not a quilter...I do have quilt envy though...Mel's Cabin follows you...

    ReplyDelete