Friday, February 5, 2010

Guest Room

I finished the Guest Room just before Christmas.
I've seen so many beautiful white on white bedrooms out in blogland and thought I would try that look.    When I got it all done, I realized that I am a colour person.   I couldn't stand all that whiteness.  The walls are in a pale, ethereal blue.  The headboard (which I did with rigid insulation) and the bedskirt are in blue ticking.    The drapes are white linen sheers on a black iron rod.  I had a white quilt on the bed, but made a new one in blue and white to punch up the the colour in the room.

I purchased these brown, wooden plaques at Home Sense and painted them white.
The little table is an antique wicker fern stand that I put a pine top on, and I had my brother router the edge on it.
I purchased these frames at Michael's and put in pictures from a calendar
It's a little more 'country' than I really intended, but I'm pretty happy with the room, and all my guests seem to like it.  
 

4 comments:

  1. hi sharon! great job! i really like the plaques you painted white and the framed calendar pictures! great idea! thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! i hope you visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice and cozy, just like a guest bedroom should! I agree, white on white on white is much too sterile. I really like your wooden plaques and frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your guest room it turned out so pretty and the blue quilt is the perfect touch.
    I also love,love your table made from the sewing machine stand and the wooden top your brother made for you!!!. A wonderful table.
    It all looks so "GREAT"
    Take care and enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty guest room. Lots of my favourite things...blue, quilts, lots of white and pine furniture. Beautiful.
    I also love to quilt, not an expert though. I dream of more time to quilt and more money for fabric LOL

    ReplyDelete