Friday, October 9, 2009

To background ... or not to background

I am a voracious viewer of blogs.  Aside from the content, it is interesting to note their set up and especially their backgrounds.   A lot are custom designed, but there are some really great free sites out there.

One that a lot of people use is "Background Fairy" http://www.backgroundfairy.com/








Love, Love, Love "Hot Bliggity Blog" .. I think this is my current favourite.  She has unusual layouts and an individual sense of colour. http://hotbliggityblog.com/index.php







I love looking at the possibilities ... and thinking 'what would my blog look like with this background, or this one?' ... But in the end, I like to keep my blog simple with no designs to distract (I distract easily!!).  

And what if I had to change it everytime there was a new holiday .... Christmas, Easter, Ground Hog Day.   It boggles the mind.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    It's so nice to meet you! I really appreciate your kind visit to my blog. I hope to see you again soon. You're always welcome!

    I love to read many blogs as well and it is fun to see all the fun designs and
    backgrounds.
    I went with the custom design route and
    "The Shabbee Chick" designed it for me.
    Amber is wonderful!

    ~Many Blessings to you, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon,

    Welcome to the blog world. Thanks for stopping by my blog. And also for telling me about background options. I have a white background only because I have no idea how to change it :)

    ReplyDelete