Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Making the kitchen mine.

The first room I tackled after moving in was the kitchen.  Once I had changed the paint, it started to be my house.   Each additional change just added to that feeling.

This is the before from the real estate listing:


Happily the silk flower swag (and there were a lot of them in this house) went with the seller :)

The first thing I did was have the fan removed and a new light fixture installed.

I had the painter lined up for shortly after I moved in and the first room to be painted was the kitchen.  It was a fleshy pink colour,  I used Sherwin Williams "Sensible Hue" SW6198, a green with a muddy, grey background.  


I then had a few changes made to the cabinets.  There was a built in stove top that was broken and I had it removed and a slide in stove and above stove microwave installed.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

There had been a built in stove and shelf for a microwave.  I had the three drawers moved from where the new stove was placed to where the built in stove was, and the area above made into huge shelves. 

BEFORE:
AFTER:
The white appliances were changed to stainless steel.  The refrigerator is now counter depth and doesn't jut out into the kitchen any longer.

The other side of the kitchen is remaining as it was, except for a new stainless steel dishwasher, which hasn't arrived yet.   We are all very familiar with supply chain problems now!

    
And here is my finished kitchen:

 










1 comment: