Monday, April 24, 2017

Old Family Photos - Gallery Wall

My Mother passed away in February.  She had a very full life in her 91 1/2 years and we have been left with wonderful memories.

When my brothers and I cleaned out her apartment, I became the custodian of boxes of photos.  I sorted thru them, making piles for my brothers and discarding many that I didn't know who the people were.   My favourites are all the old family photos, so I decided to do a gallery wall.
Before my Mother married, she was a teacher in a one room school house in rural Ontario.  I love the photos of her classes.   I think they would be from around 1945-49.  I love looking at the clothes the children wore and the serious little faces while they are being photographed.
To my surprise, a lady who was one of the children my Mother had taught, came to the funeral.  She brought me a copy of her class photo.   My Mother is the teacher on the left of the photo.
I put other photos up too .... my maternal Grandparents wedding photo.

A photo of my paternal Great Grandparents, showing my Grandfather home on leave from the war in 1918 and his sister, my Great Aunt Ethleen, when she was a girl.
The  dish you see in the middle of the layout was my Mother's baby dish.  It has kittens in the middle and all around the rim.
Lovely family memories.
I have a feeling this wall will expand over time. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. It is wonderful, though, to have the memories. The wall looks great!

    Nadine

    ReplyDelete