Monday, June 24, 2013

The Stripper

I am stripping the little kitchen table that was my Mom and Dad's when they were first married in 1949..
My Mother had given it to my cousin when they got married 35 years ago, but at a family get together my cousin mentioned it had been sitting in their garage for years and she was going to get rid of it.   Of course, I couldn't let that happen (like I need more furniture!!!) So one day I came home and found the table in pieces on my front porch.

I finally started stripping it this weekend.   Four layers of paint so far.
 Years ago I saved the matching china cabinet from the basement when Mom moved to an apartment (my Dad had stored tools in it).    I refinished it and use it in my office/craft room.  Hope the table turns out aswell.



1 comment:

  1. The cabinet looks like a great storage piece and fingers crossed the table works out for you too. Will you use it in your craft room or elsewhere? Hoping you enjoy your Canada Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete