Thursday, November 22, 2012

Getting Ready ...

I made my first batch of red pepper jelly for the holidays.  It is great on top of goat's cheese or cream cheese, or added to a sandwich.
I'm in charge of appetizers this weekend when the girls go away for Greenery Day.  We head up to a friend's cottage and cut greenery for our Christmas pots.   But is is really all about the eating.  One of the appetizers will be this red pepper jelly on goat's cheese.
RECIPE:
4 red peppers finely chopped in food processer (not pureed)
3/4 cup of white vinegar
1 package of Certo light
3 1/2 cups of white sugar

Add the chopped peppers to a pot with the vinegar and white sugar.
Bring to a full boil and cook for 1 minute.
Remove from burner and add certo, constantly stirring.
Return to burner, bring to a full boil for 1 minute.

Remove pot and pour jelly into waiting sterilized jars and seal with sterilized lids.

Then sit down with a book and a cup of tea and listen as the lids pop to seal!




1 comment:

  1. Really - that's all that goes into red pepper jelly. I love the taste of it. I should make some. Do you think you can chop the red peppers instead of using a food processor because I don't have one?

    Thanks for the sweet comments on my mantel.

    ReplyDelete