Friday, May 11, 2012

Island .... Kitchen or Tropical?

I finished the island I am making for my friend...and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.
It was sitting in my kitchen, waiting for her to come over and be surprised.
I mostly used wood that I already had.   Only purchasing 2x4s for the legs, the pine for the top and misc screws, nails and clips.  

I once again used part of a shelving unit for the bottom shelf. and just built around it.

I put tack strips along the inner top so I could screw the pine top on without visible screws
 Another completed carpentry project!

PS.   Pat was over for dinner and I gave her the island.   Now we just have to figure how to get it to her house.   She has a very TINY trunk!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job! Pat is one lucky lady.

    It would be perfect for a cutting table in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. what a good friend you are to have. I could use one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I am impressed. Loos fabulous and I love that blue and white pitcher!

    ReplyDelete