Thursday, May 24, 2012

In pursuit of the perfect lawn

My lawn last year was completely crab grass.  Not a blade of nice grass.
I killed it all off this spring and started over.   Added nice soil.  And then seeded.  With the kind of seed that the commericial assures me will grow on concrete! (Canada Green)
Unfortunately I should have grown it on concrete!   Only about 100 blades of nice grass have appeared in 14 days ... but thousands of blades of crab grass have appeared.

I have a lawn person coming tomorrow to give me a quote on sod.   I am ready for some instant gratification.

2 comments:

  1. Grass can be so frustrating. The sod sounds like a better solution, especially if you have a new soil base. Get your water hose ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate dealing with grass. No matter how much we do to ours, we still have issues.

    ReplyDelete