Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fabric for the Dining Room Chairs

I want to recover the dining room chairs.   They have to be sent out to an upholsterer because they have a spring system in them (which is failing).

My living room / dining room are in an L shape. 

This is the dining chair as it is now ... covered in a steel blue velvet.
These are my choices of fabric:
and this shows the scale on the chair seat:
My love seat is a solid blue, two chairs are in beige, and I have another chair in a large Robert Allen fabric that I LOVE!
 I tending toward the small scale print ...but it might be too safe. I like the other too .... and it is not too close to clash with the chair pattern 
This is against the love seat fabric:
Where is Sarah Richardson, the Queen of Pattern, when you need her?
What do you think? 
Should I start over with other fabrics? 

PS:   after staring at these all night I think I will go with the one on the right side.  It is bolder.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I like the one on the right, but I think a more vintage style pattern would look even more beautiful in your home! Of course you're the one who will be living with it...so of course pick the one you love most!

    ReplyDelete