Monday, November 1, 2010

All Snug as a Bug ...

I'm all snug now ... the roof is on! 

Let the winter begin!   (did I say that out loud?) I can only say it because I just mailed the cheque to the snow plough guy.

The shingles look a bit rough because it was cold when they put them on ... the installer ensured me that with some nice warm sun, they will lay down beautifully.

Don't you just hate big ticket items like a roof.   You can't really say "come on over and see my new roof", and I REALLY want to when I spend that much money :-))

3 comments:

  1. The roof looks great. At least you won't have to worry about having guest over and saying "see my new family room, I had to completely renovate when the roof caved in" haha

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Sharon, I know exactly what you mean about wanting to show off a new roof! Other people might not see it as a big deal, but as they say, you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. We tend to underestimate the real value of having a good, sturdy roof with quality shingles or sheets. It’s the best roofs that stand the test of time and weather, and that’s when we get to appreciate how truly lucky we are to have good roofs protecting us and our homes.

    ReplyDelete