I did it!!!! I bought two new chairs for my living room. I had been to one of my favourite furniture stores and saw the chair I wanted, but not the fabric, so I went to the manufacturer's showroom last Saturday.
I still loved the chair, and found some fabulous fabric with vines on it that give a fairly modern chair a more feminine, traditional look, and I changed the legs to a cherry finish.
On Monday they called and said they couldn't get the fabric. I went back Saturday with a full day to make a selection ... and finally found the perfect fabric. It's taupe - a cross between velet and chenille. Very soft and luxurious. I added small upholstery tacks to the arms to make it even more traditional.
$250 a chair !!!!!!! I saved $500 buying from the manufacturer and got a better fabric and the tacking. I'm not to tell anyone ... but it's not like anyone really reads my blog ;-)
I was going to re-upholster my existing pink wingbacks, but I think the smaller scale will do me well in the future, as I'll probably be in a condo within 5 years.
I'm a happy girl ..... they come in 4 weeks.
DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 371
2 days ago